inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Tempest (Tempest Trilogy Series #1)

Tempest (Tempest Trilogy Series #1) - Tempest by Julie Cross involves time travel, y’all. That was pretty much all I needed to know. Add in the fact that the characters are college-aged and I was SOLD.April read it and immediately mailed me her copy and said “you have to read this so we can talk about it!” Needless to say, that had me more than intrigued enough to move it to the top of my TBR pile. You guys, this book is awesome. There are so many layers to Tempest that it is ridiculous – definitely plenty to talk about!Jackson has the ability to jump back and forth from the past. He is experimenting with his abilities with help from math-genius friend Adam (I have a massive geek crush on him). Things get complicated fast when some strangers come after him. They shoot and fatally wound his girlfriend Holly. Jackson is totally freaked out, jumps back two years desperately hoping to save her, and gets stuck. Is it pervy for two-years-in-the-future Jackson to hit on two-years-in-the-past Holly? You decide!Anyways, the plot is non-stop action and suspense. Seriously, Julie Cross left not a dull moment to be found. Jackson starts to learn more about the strangers that came after him and shot Holly. These “Enemies of Time” also intersect with his family more than he could have imagined. His abilities are part of a larger picture that he had no idea existed!I often find that books with dynamic and constantly moving plots fail at characterization. Tempest is not one of those books. Jackson, Holly and the rest of the characters (including those from the past, present and future) all come alive in the story. Julie Cross has created a fascinating world full of people it is easy to care about.This is one of the rare instances where I am absolutely thrilled that this is only the first book of a series. I absolutely cannot wait to read more! Also exciting is the fact that Tempest might be made into a movie. Cross your fingers, guys.