inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin)

Spider's Bite - Jennifer Estep This series is wicked awesome. I picked this book up, read it in one sitting, and ended up reading the next two books in the series the next day. Needless to say, they're hard to put down.One thing that I appreciate about the series overall is that Estep doesn't immediately lay all her cards out on the table. When you read this book, you meet Gin and find out about her life as an assassin and the people that are a regular part of her world - but Estep definitely leaves a few tricks up her sleeve to be pulled out in later books.The plot is extremely fast-paced and there isn't a lot of downtime when there isn't action going down. Gin does have strong and immediate feelings for Detective Donovan, who, I don't mind telling you, I wish would jump off the nearest cliff. He is way too weak-minded and ridiculous for Gin. (Really...who doesn't think assassins are hot? *rolls eyes* Law abiding citizens. What a drag.) The other characters that Gin frequently interacts with are incredibly creative and original - I loved meeting them as well.When Gin finds out that the contract she was carrying out was actually a double cross, and someone close to her is brutally killed...it is ON. Payback is a bitch, and so is Gin. As details of the people out to get her unfold, so do pieces of the world Jennifer Estep has created. The magical system is really cool - the elemental base reminds me of Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series.So...romance (even though the guy sucks), action, magic and solid side characters? This book has it all, and is an absolutely fantastic introduction to a fabulous series!