inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Horns: A Novel

Horns - Joe Hill I'm really glad I picked this up. Horror isn't really my thing, or at least it hasn't been. I've tried several times to read King, but so far he and I haven't clicked very well. I've been hearing a lot about Joe Hill lately because a few of my very good GR friends recently formed a group to talk about his books. They invited me to it and I just though "eh. thanks but no thanks." Then one day I clicked the link to read the summary of Horns and thought "hey, cool cover!" Which, of course, being of the "ooo, shiny and pretty!" club, made me add it to my TBR.I picked it up yesterday and was immediately (and I mean from the first paragraph) hooked. One of the major plot questions is answered fairly early on, and let me tell you...that didn't slow down the pace of the story at all. Since I knew the who...I wanted to know the why, and I raced through the book to find out. Along the way, I became more intimately aquainted with one chilling dude, and fell in love with Marrin. She was a peach. Ig, I'm sort of iffy about. He was a very interesting character to read about, don't get me wrong. I don't know if I've ever come across such a tortured character. Its just one of the first books I've read where the main character is more of a lesser of two evils then a good guy. It was interesting, I enjoyed the different perspective.This baby has layers. Every time I got a little thrill from figuring something out, he would peel back another layer that would leave me filled with as many questions as ever. He never lets you quit guessing.I'm sure a lot of people were put off by the constant changes of time, place and perspective. Not me. I thought it kept things interesting. I'm a big fan of the way he paced and organized everything.So anyway, even if you don't think you're a horror fan...give this a shot. Anybody who enjoys the unraveling of a complex mystery and a layered story should easily fall in love with this one.