inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

The Catastrophic History of You and Me

The Catastrophic History of You and Me - Jess Rothenberg I put off reading The Catastrophic History of You & Me by Jess Rothenberg for awhile. Afterlife plots don’t always appeal to me. Well, let me tell y’all. This was an exception – because I loved it! I was totally blown away by both the plot and characters.When The Catastrophic History of You & Me begins, fifteen year old Brie has just died of a (literal) broken heart. She goes through the stages of grief and discovers all the things she didn’t know about her close friends and family. There are surprises in store from her boyfriend, best friends and parents! Really makes you think about what might be going on in your own life…Jess Rothenberg majorly impressed me with her mad awesome plot building skills. Seriously – so many twists and turns. The kind you don’t always see coming. I was constantly being surprised by what happened next! I definitely did not expect to have so many great unexpected changes thrown at me when I started The Catastrophic History of You & Me.I was immediately struck on page 1 because there was a reference to Princess Bride! Then, throughout the book there were multiple references to Disney Princesses. They were all so fun and clever, I had so much fun reading most of this book! Towards the end there was even a nod to Ms. Frizzle and The Magic School Bus! How awesome is all of that? So much awesome all in one book.Not that everything was Wesley and Buttercup loving and magic carpet rides. There was a lot of tragedy, mourning, poignancy and anger. Just like the plot had constant twists and turns – so did the emotions.And as for the characters – seriously wow. Brie has a lot of depth. Patrick, her guide in the afterlife, is equally amazing. Two of the best-written YA characters I’ve come across in recent history.Basically, Jess Rothenberg has created an amazingly written story in The Catastrophic History of You & Me. I can’t think of anything I would change. Definitely a book you guys want to check out!