inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Cryer's Cross

Cryer's Cross - Lisa McMann The premise is creepy and fascinating, and I was really looking forward to picking up the book. There are a lot of things I like about the story, but in many ways it fails to deliver.The thing that drew me to the story was the mystery/horror side of the plot. What was up with the missing teenagers and creepy desk messages? Overall, I ended up being disappointed in how that part of the plot developed. Not enough to keep me from enjoying the story, but definitely enough to keep me from loving it.As for the characters...we never really go beyond the surface here. I never felt like I was getting to personally know Kendall. This was not a character-driven story and that is a major strike against it.However, something about it kept me turning the pages. I loved the developing romance and the setting...and even though I was ultimately let down by the mystery, it was intriguing enough to make me want to know how things would turn out. One thing I hated was the whole "We" messages thing. Really? That was more ridiculous than anything else. Not at all a fan. The book could have definitely done without all that mess.So - as you can see I have some pretty mixed feelings about this book. I definitely don't feel like I wasted time by reading it, but it isn't a story I will ever be revisiting. If you're a fan of the budding YA horror genre, I would recommend picking up a copy at the library!