inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth Series #2)

The Dead-Tossed Waves - Carrie Ryan I remember reading The Forest of Hands & Teeth. I remember liking The Forest of Hands & Teeth. I remember thinking "yeah, this was pretty good. I'll have to remember to check out the sequel sometime." I thought Carrie Ryan's writing was wonderful, I just never 100% clicked with the characters or the plot like I do with a 5 star read.I read a couple of good reviews of Dead-Tossed Waves from people whose opinions I trust, so I decided to go pick up a copy. Within a couple of paragraphs I was already reminded of how wonderful a writer Carrie Ryan is. Within a chapter I was already head over heels for Gabry, the main character. Within 50 pages I was already dying to know what would happen next and had to keep a mental chant going in my head so as not to read forward like I was so tempted to do.In other words, anything I might have found lacking in the first book was more than made up for here. I remember thinking Mary was a little burdensome because she was already so challenging and defiant from the beginning of the story. She didn't have as much room for growth as Gabry does here. She starts out very timid and nervous, and grows as she tries to do what she (or the people around her) find necessary. I really respected the fact that she was loyal to her feelings and not flighty or easily swayed...especially in the matter of Catcher vs. Elias. No matter who I was rooting for (Team Elias!), I still respected the fact that she didn't run from one right to the other without a second thought.Anyway, the first book made me interested enough to see what would happen next, this book has gotten me addicted. Can't wait for the next one!Also, aren't these the best titles ever? I think so.