inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Shattered Souls

Shattered Souls - Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey tells the story of Lenzi and her visions. She is being introduced into a world she doesn’t know if she even wants to be a part of – but does she have a choice?I could not have been more impressed with the way Lenzi’s choice was handled. Seriously. I wanted to do a standing ovation of one. When the book opens, Lenzi has a life and she is happy. She has a boyfriend, Zak, who she loves being with. The increase in visions is getting a little inconvenient though – which is when she is introduced to Alden. Enter mysterious hot boy.So, okay. This is the part where you groan. Go ahead. Oh MAN, not another EFFING LOVE TRIANGLE. Right? I thought the same thing. I wanted to throw the book across the room and move on. But man I am so glad I didn’t.There is NO love triangle, people! Sure, Lenzi waffles a little at first between her two lives. Visions and a new world of powerful abilities and danger….or being normal? Alden or Zak? But - BUT – she makes a decision fairly quickly and sticks with it. No whining about the choice she didn’t make and the other life she could have had. I love this girl. Seriously. Mary Lindsey could have strung this part along and made it the entire book but she didn’t. My gratitude knows no bounds. (In fact – I was so thankful for that fact that I am mostly going to ignore the whole separate insta-love issue. Mostly.)So, as Lenzi is exploring her powers and trying to figure out what is going on, things get dangerous pretty fast. She has to learn how things go down extremely quickly and I was impressed by that too. There is a good balance between teenage girl and spirit-ass-kicker here.So, while Lenzi and Alden don’t quite have enough character development to make me unreservedly love the story, I did enjoy it a lot and definitely recommend picking it up!