inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter Series #1)

Angels' Blood - Nalini Singh In the first book, we are introduced to a new world. The angels rule and the vampires serve them. Oh sure, there is a government - but it is really the angels that have the power. The archangels, in particular. Our heroine, Elena, gets involved professionally with the archangel Raphael. Things get increasingly complicated as the story progresses. By the second book they become connected in a way neither of them could have originally imagined.As far as paranormal romance goes, I would definitely say that this series focuses much more on the romance side of things than the fantasy/action side. There is a little more "oh-I-love-you-forever-and-ever-ness" here than you'll find in some series. However...it isn't enough to make the books overly cheesy - just a note for readers that prefer more focus on the urban fantasy/action side of things. I definitely recommend the series more for romance fans.I really enjoyed both books, I read them both back-to-back in just a couple of days. It is easy to become involved with the characters and their story. The world is very captivating as well - it is very original, but not terribly complex or confusing. I loved learning about the archangel/angel/vampire system. It adds a lot to the series.Elana and Raphael are great characters. Their positions in life make their interactions and the forming of their relationship very layered and difficult. They both definitely have to walk a fine line, especially after the way things progress into the second book. They end up forming a very strong (and intense) bond, but they have to play a dangerous political game, and it keeps them on their toes, and it definitely keeps the pages turning.Overall, it is definitely a series I recommend picking up if you're a fan of heavy-on-the-romance paranormals, because you'll quickly get sucked into the world and very invested in the characters! I'm definitely looking forward to the release of the third book, Archangel's Consort, in February.