inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart - Sarah MacLean Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart is the third book in Sarah MacLean's Murder by Numbers series...which covered the two Ralston brothers and now their sister Juliana Fiori. Juliana has been a great character from the beginning, so it's so fun to have her finally take center stage (as she often does whether intentionally or not).If you've followed my blog long, you know that I absolutely loved the first book in the trilogy, Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake. Unfortunately, the second book didn't do so much for me. So, I went into this book hoping it would get things back on track - and it definitely did! While I still have to peg Nine Rules as my favorite, this novel was a lot of fun and I definitely enjoyed reading about Juliana and her Duke of Disdain.When they first meet, Simon the Duke of Leighton is immediately attracted to her. They have a few short - yet flirtatious - encounters before he discovers that she isn't part of the aristocracy. Well, the horror. Simon was raised to be a nose-held-high-snob-of-the-first-water so he immediately shuts down contact with her, feeling like she deceived him. However, before long, he gets roped into trying to help keep an eye on her for her brothers. She has a bad tendency to cause trouble, and throughout the book Simon has his hands full trying to keep her respectable. From rescuing her from a lake to helping her stowaway in his carriage, she leads him from one mess to the other. Before long, he realizes he is enjoying being around her a little too much, despite all the trouble.I divided my time between laughing like a loon at Juliana, wanting to punch Leighton in the face and wanting to lock them in a room together (sans clothing). If you're a fan of historical romance, this is definitely a book (not to mention a series!) that you want to pick up. I can't wait to see what Sarah has in store for us next!