inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

When Beauty Tamed the Beast

When Beauty Tamed the Beast - James Griffin, Eloisa James I have tried reading a couple of other books by Eloisa James, but was never able to finish them. I had heard so many wonderful things about When Beauty Tamed the Beast that I knew I had to try again. Luckily – this time was different! I absolutely loved When Beauty Tamed the Beast. The characterization was absolutely out of the park. Now that I can see what Eloisa James can do I definitely intend to go back and try the other books again!Obviously When Beauty Tamed the Beast is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Well, I am here to tell you that Piers Yelverton makes an awesome Beast. Not only does he have the personality and appearance issues that you would expect – but there is an added bonus. Y’all, Eloisa James knows what she is doing. I can almost see her sitting in her lair thinking “hmm, what well known love-to-hate-him-jerk can I base Piers on? Who can I choose so that people will have to love him despite all his issues?”Who do you think she chose?One word: House. DR. HOUSE YOU GUYS! Have you ever heard of anything more brilliant than that? A character that fuses together the Beast and Gregory House? I absolutely love this guy. He is a smart ass. He is difficult to be around. But yet…if you have seen the TV show, than you know. No matter what House does there is always something about him that makes you love him anyway. Well, Piers Yelverton has that something.Okay, so now that I’ve rhapsodized forever about him, I’ll keep it short and sweet on the female MC. Linnet Thrynne is awesome too. She craves knowledge and freedom. She doesn’t take crap from anyone: least of all Piers. She manages to get herself into female trouble at the beginning of the book and is therefore banished to be Piers’ fiancee in his castle at Wales with all his sick patients.She takes to her new life pretty well, considering. I love how she stands up for herself! I also adore the way she and Piers interacted. Some of the best situations and dialogue ever. I love how Eloisa James plays on the plot point that Piers is wounded and unable to er…perform (if you know what I mean. wink wink nudge nudge). Anyway, the way that whole situation worked out absolutely cracked me up.Clearly, I absolutely loved When Beauty Tamed the Beast. I highly recommend reading to everyone who loves historical romance. Even if you aren’t a big fan of the genre, When Beauty Tamed the Beast might be a good book to change your mind! Put your faith in Eloisa James, y’all.