inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Graffiti Moon

Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley is a really fun and quirky read. Lucy is obsessed with the graffiti artist Shadow. Her friend Ed offers to take her on a quest to find him. While he isn’t exactly her favorite person, Lucy will pretty much do anything to find Shadow, so she agrees. What follows takes them both on a journey through their pasts and futures that they won’t forget. And I won’t be forgetting it anytime soon either, y’all!The best thing about Graffiti Moon is the gorgeous writing. I couldn’t get enough of it. Of course, that came as no surprise. Australia pretty much grows ‘em that way, seems like. Seriously – I don’t read poetry, but I can certainly recognize it when I see it.The characters are all really great, from Lucy and Ed on down to their friends and the other side characters. They are all extremely original and vibrant. Pretty amazing development considering the fact that this is a fairly short read. Impressive work on Cath Crowley’s part there.While there are other story arcs involved in Graffiti Moon, everything pretty much surrounds Lucy’s determination to track down Shadow (who she is convinced she is in love with). I really appreciated what a huge role art plays in the story. From glass blowing to graffiti to high school art class. All the detailed descriptions of Shadow’s graffiti give us insights both into art and into life. I am far from being truly educated in the world of art, so the fact that I felt connected at all to the world in this story is another pretty brilliant achievement on the part of Cath Crowley.The fact that the art world isn’t one I’m particularly interested in probably keeps me from being as fully connected to the story as I could have been, but despite that – I still enjoyed reading it and definitely recommend picking it up!