inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Illyria

Illyria - Elizabeth Hand Before I say anything else, I just have to say that Elizabeth Hand is an absolutely phenomenal writer. Seriously, the breathtakingly gorgeous writing of this story blew me away. I can't wait to read more of her; I need to hit the library to pick up some of her adult titles.Calling this book young adult is a little iffy to me, just because the characters are teenagers for a majority of the story doesn't mean it has to have a YA label. The themes and emotions the book focuses on are much more adult to me. But at the same time, I'm not one for labels and I read both YA and adult books constantly - I just don't want people to be misled.A lot of people will probably want to avoid this book due to its taboo first-cousins-in-love plot. It makes the book feel so dark and gothic - to me it adds a deeper layer of allure to the plot. It all feels a little other-worldly to me, which is what I think kept the creep factor at bay for me. So, I really enjoyed the story...but I think it really is just something you have to judge for yourself. It is probably beyond a lot of peoples' comfort levels, and that's fine. But if you can get past that enough to pick up the book, I definitely recommend it. The writing is stunning, and I enjoyed pushing myself out of my comfort zone.