inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward
Stars & Stripes - Abigail Roux Stars & Stripes by Abigail Roux is the sixth in a gay romance series. In my review of the fifth book, Armed & Dangerous, I talk a little more about why I was hesitant to pick these books up but did anyway. I also talked about my Abigail-Roux-probably-ought-to-be-scared-of-me-because-I’m-such-a-rabid-fan-level of obsession. Seriously, y’all. There are no words for how much I LOVE THIS SERIES, OMG.So, Abigail Roux had a co-writer for the first four books, but I am definitely a huge fan of her solo writing endeavors. The writing is much more polished, and I’m pretty sure she did basically all of the real plotting from the beginning anyway. In this installment, Ty and Zane, our two favorite FBI agents and lovers, hit the road. First, they spend a little time in West Virginia with Ty’s family. The bulk of the book, however, is spent in Texas getting to see Zane’s family for the first time. Chaos ensues, as it inevitably does around our boys. (Also: Ty with a new unlikely finger injury? Check!)I love Ty’s family. Seriously. Even Earl when he acts like a jackass. But Ty’s grandpa Chester? I have never wanted to hug someone so bad in my life. You guys – he steals the show in Stars & Stripes. No lie. If you’ve read the book, I am 100% sure you agree with me. The only downfall of seeing them in this book was how brief it was.Zane’s parents are a mixed bag. His mom is TERRIBLE. Luckily, his dad almost makes up for it. In fact, he is up there with Chester as one of my favorite parts of the book. (Best line in the whole thing too…gay bulls. *snort*)The mystery is throwaway for me in this one, it didn’t really do anything for me at all. Do I care? No. There was so much quality Ty & Zane time that Stars & Stripes is one of my favorite books in the series anyway. Every single time they are able to express their feelings to each other, I melt into a puddle of fangirly goo. It took them a long time – and several books – to get here, and I am enjoying every second of it. (Especially since I’ve got a feeling things won’t be so smooth in the next book, Touch & Geaux.)To Sum it Up:-If the thought of two tough, rugged FBI agents falling in love with each other intrigues you, this series is for you.-If the thought of two tough, rugged FBI agents constantly butting heads with each other intrigues you, this series is for you.-If the thought of two tough, rugged FBI agents getting it on at every available opportunity doesn’t intrigue you – you can skip those parts, this series is for you.