inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward
Winning the Wallflower (Fairy Tales, #2.5) - Eloisa James I was excited to read Winning the Wallflower by Eloisa James! I usually shy away from novellas because I miss getting to see more developed characterization. I am so glad that I made an exception for Winning the Wallflower. It definitely proved me wrong about novellas, y’all.This is meant to serve as an introduction into the third book in Eloisa James’ Fairy Tales series. (I’ll be reviewing The Duke is Mine soon!) For me, it did so much more. The characters in Winning the Wallflower were so well developed – I couldn’t get enough of them!Lucy Towerton goes from wallflower to heiress. Her thrilled family encourages her to break it off with her current fiancee. She can do a lot better now that she has money (or so they say). She is hesitant because she is super attracted to Cyrus even if he is “just” a merchant and not part of the aristocracy. So, what is a girl to do?Cyrus and Lucy grew on me incredibly quickly. Y’all, Eloisa James packed so much fantastic characterization into a really small package. I definitely wish they could have gotten their own full-length story, but I am still happy with what we do get.The chemistry and tension came across so well, Cyrus makes Lucy incredibly angry and you can definitely feel the sparks flying. Then later, sexytimes sparks start flying and you can definitely feel those too. Excellent writing.So, not only did this stand out as a wonderful novella – it stands out as one of my favorite historical romances period! Winning the Wallflower by Eloisa James is absolutely worth reading (especially since the ebook is only a buck!).