inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

The Duff: Designated Ugly Fat Friend

The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend - Kody Keplinger I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, I've seen a lot of mixed reviews. Some people loved it, some people really didn't. I'm in the "loved it" camp. Big time. Seriously, I'm going to be on the over-enthusiastic Kody Keplinger cheerleading squad. I think it was a ballsy book to write, I can already see the Judy Blume-hating parents and librarians descending on her like a big juicy porterhouse. Lots of sexy hijinks - in a YA book. Not quite as rare as it used to be, but most YA authors don't tackle the "no strings attached - no feelings involved" side of things. Miz Keplinger has done it, and done it well. I love the way the relationship(s) were handled. I mean...come on. There is even a love letter. It doesn't get any better than that (hello? Captain Wentworth!).I wasn't so crazy about how Bianca's relationships with her parents was handled. It seems like their problems were just plastered in there so she'd have something to run away from. It wasn't really tackled that well, in my opinion. Keplinger was such a great writer in every other regard, I think she could have done it better. But - I can kinda understand why she didn't focus on it much since it wasn't meant to be the big issue in the book.I love having a heroine that isn't gorgeous or sure of herself. She might be a little chubby, and she might have a big attitude...but it is still easy to fall for Bianca. Sometimes authors overwrite characters like this and make them annoying or hard to relate to, but Bianca was written very well. I also loved her friends and how loyal they were. Even if Bianca felt like the DUFF...they never ever treated her like one. Yay for good BFFs.So, seriously. Pick this book up and get ready to fall in love with Bianca and get a nice hefty dose of teenage angst. I can't wait to see what Kody Keplinger does next!