inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Manhunting

Manhunting - Jennifer Crusie I hoard my Jennifer Crusie books, y’all. The few I haven’t read yet I try to save, because she is one of my most treasured authors. Bet Me is one of my all time favorite books. I am happy to report that Manhunting more than lived up to the high standard I have come to expect from Crusie!Kate Svenson is super successful. She has made a lot of money, and has some great friends. What she doesn’t have? A husband. Three failed engagements down and this girl is ready for desperate measures. Her best friend convinces her to head to a Kentucky resort where the rich flock to for vacation. More than a little wary, she hits the road (not without a list of strict guidelines for the future Mr. Svenson).So what happens when flannel-wearing-fishing-is-the-highest-form-of-ambition Jake Templeton hits the scene?Oh, I will tell you what happens. You guys, Manhunting has one of the best slow burn, heart tingling, happy making romances I have ever read. It nails the just met leads to friendship leads to sexytimes plot line like you wouldn’t believe.For the majority of Manhunting, Jake and Kate are oblivious to being anything other than fishing buddies. When the heat finally catches up with them? Well…sexytimes are had. That is all I’ll say about that. (You know, besides WHOA MAMA!)Seeing them try to fit together extreme laziness with high powered career at the end is nothing short of crazy satisfying (especially since neither of them are exactly what they seem). Even though the end was not exactly a surprise (hello, this is a romance novel), when things started getting rocky my heart squeezed just a little.Sigh, Jennifer Crusie? You are a rock star.Y’all, Manhunting is a book definitely worth reading! Super satisfying romance with fantastic side characters? Check. The expected laugh-so-hard-you-choke Jennifer Crusie trademark moments? Check. Plus: it is a really quick read! My copy was exactly 250 pages. Definitely worth your time (and money! The Kindle edition is less than $4.50).