inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally I’ve been looking forward to Catching Jordan by Miranda Keanneally for ages now – I had visions of another awesome book like Dairy Queen running around in my head. Unfortunately, I wasn’t nearly as captivated by the characters as I hoped to be. I couldn’t get past how shallow all the characters were enough to enjoy the book!In Catching Jordan, Jordan is the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. Being a girl doesn’t slow her down in the slightest. She is tight with her entire team and fully expects an amazing sports scholarship to the university of her choice.Then new guy Ty shows up at practice and all of Jordan’s plans take a bit of a beating. He is a fellow quarterback and he is good. Good enough to make the entire team defensive on Jordan’s behalf. Another small complication: Jordan is crushing on Ty. Hard. What is a girl to do?Further complicating things is Jordan’s best friend Henry. He doesn’t so much like Ty sniffing around the girl he has had a crush on forever.Y’all, the whole “best friend is in love with MC who is oblivious” plotline is pretty tired. Nothing original was added to it in Catching Jordan and I wasn’t really feeling it. Henry was basically a manslut and even though Jordan was confused about the situation, she still fell into sexytimes with Ty. I know these kids are in high school, but still. I couldn’t respect any of them after seeing the way they behaved.I’m not trying to be the demented sex-ed teacher from Mean Girls, but really. All the cavalier sexytimes being had got on my nerves.I also thought Jordan was being incredibly bull-headed about her university of choice – they were obviously using her to play the girl angle and she refused to see it! Gah, talk about having blinders on.So basically what it comes down to is the fact that I didn’t like the characters in Catching Jordan. Miranda Kenneally seemed to focus on the plot and the characters worked to fit it instead of the other way around.If you’re interested in reading a book featuring a girl trying to navigate high school football, I’d recommend checking out the Dairy Queen trilogy by Catherine Gilbert Murdock instead.