inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Falling Under

Falling Under - I loved this book! I read mixed reviews before picking it up for myself, and I'm happy I ended up in the positive camp.I'm a huge Gothic fan. The whole squeaky door/creepy character/horror/ romance combination is crazy awesome. This book combines all those characteristics to great effect. The ominous tones in the background of the story are as major a character as the people involved in the plot.At one point, there was a malevolent force in the room with her that was so threatening that the shadows in the room fled from it. Dude, I thought that was flippin' awesome. What better way to illustrate fear and evil? That there is good writing. Take note.Let me emphasize again: I love the mixture of horror and mythology. Mythology is the new vampire as far as overused plot devices go, but Gwen Hayes is able to make it all her own by combining it with the horror/gothic genre.For once, I'm thrilled that this is a series (trilogy I think?). I'm not done with these characters or their story and am already more than ready to return to their world. Despite seeing several negative reviews, I fell in love with this story and highly recommend picking it up!