inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Heartbreak River

Heartbreak River - Tricia Mills A lot of people have been talking about Heartbreak River, Tricia Mills' newest book. I haven't had a chance to get a copy, so I decided to read this one first!I really ended up enjoying this read, and there is more depth to the story then you might expect. Alex has suffered a tragedy in her family, and has a lot of emotional issues to deal with. None of it is made any easier when lover boy Sean returns to town for the summer, which she had not expected!Has Sean forgiven her for what she did to him the last time she saw him? And...for that matter: what exactly did she do? Those are things you'll find out as you read!As far as the other characters go, they range from unnecessary to outrageously annoying. Alex's cousin/best friend Mala for example: I wanted to kick her in the shin. I really hate it when teenage girls in these stories have such horrible friends!The biggest issue I had with the book was that we don't get a lot of history between Alex/Sean. It is alluded to, and a few specific things are explained (enough to make the plot fit together), but I could have done with a lot more. They had great chemistry together, I just wish we could have seen more of the build-up! I would much rather be shown than told that they were childhood friends.Overall though, this was definitely worth reading. It is quick to get through, and has an enjoyable and even somewhat emotional storyline. I am looking forward to reading Winter Longing!