inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys - Kate Brian Kate Brian makes a very likeable character in Megan Meade. You immediately feel for her when she is plunged into a household of 7 boys, half of them being around her age. I cracked up a lot in the beginning thinking "what parents would really let their daughter move in with a family of boys, anyway?" but then I got swept up in the drama of the McGowan household and quickly forgot about the fact that the entire plot is fairly ridiculous. When Megan first arrives, she gets tongue-tied and has a lot of problems with being able to speak up around everyone, especially the oldest of the boys, Evan. As the book progresses, she realizes that she does, in fact, know how to stand up for herself and her character becomes a lot stronger. She also comes to realize that appearances can be deceiving and that she might be paying attention to the wrong brother.One of my favorite parts of the book were Megan's efforts to bond with Miller, who has Asperger's Syndrome. The way she helped him learn to be more comfortable in social situations was very sweet. She also, without really directly trying, manages to knock some sense into Doug, Miller's twin brother who had a lot of issues with acting out. Like the family ends up learning, who knew they needed a sister?My one massive complaint with the book is that the ending is waaaay too abrupt. I mean, when I read a YA novel like this one, I expect to get my happy ending. While I'm not saying that it doesn't end happy, I am saying it cuts off far too quickly. In fact, that's exactly what happens: the story seems to just cut off. Despite that, you do get the gist of how things end with the story, and it is a cute, quick read...so definitely pick it up if it seems like your cup of tea!