inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

Wild Roses

Wild Roses - I never really felt connected to the plot or the characters in this story. That being said, I didn't dislike the book. It was just more of an average read then anything else.Cassie has one kooky family. Her mother, father and step-father all range from eccentric to outright nutty, and she has to deal with all of them on a regular basis. When Ian Waters shows up, she sees in him a person she could talk to, lean on, make out with...you know. All the regular teenage stuff.Unfortunately, Ian's life is anything but drama free. As Cassie gets to know him and the people in his life, she realizes that even he comes with baggage for her to carry.As her step-father Dino continues to sink further and further into his pit of crazy, things in her life start to fall apart and it is all she can do to try to hold things together.So, even though I found most parts of this book to be average and nothing special, I do have to say that I enjoyed the writing style. Very lyrical at times. I look forward to reading more of Deb Caletti's books if they are written anything like this one.Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:From what I have learned from my mother all of these years, no one pretends to understand musicality, that certain something that a human being brings to the playing of his instrument. A machine can play an instrument, but it is that something of yourself that you bring to it that makes a player really good. That piece of your soul that you reveal as the music comes through you.I looked up with him and saw that the sky was showing off. The clouds had moved aside for a moment and the blackness was deep, deep. The stars were both simple and magical, thousands of pinpoints of light. It was one of those moments you wonder how we could ever forget what was up there. There is that majesty, you are overcome by the wonder, and then the next day you’re worrying about your math homework.