inconceivably

Books
Larry McMurtry
Lord of the Changing Winds
Rachel Neumeier
Hyperion (Hyperion Series #1)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Anne Brontë, Mary Augusta Ward

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) - I want to beat myself up because I waited so long to start this series.No wait...*pat on the back* I waited until all the books were out, so I should be glad!Man oh man, this was a great read. It took me MAYBE 2-3 pages to get past the fact that these were written to entertain a pretty young audience. Who cares? A smart 8 year old can recognize a great story as well as a smart 80 year old. Besides, the more I read, the more sarcasm I picked up on. I like to think that Riordan thought to himself "here you go, smart adult person enjoying my book...I'll include some humor for you too" when he wrote in some of the stuff he did.The book DID remind me a lot of Harry Potter. Here you have Percy Jackson, who is completely out of place in the human world. He finds out that he isn't (completely) human...and THEN later finds out he is even set apart in his new world. Then he gets to go on a quest and spank some evil. He plays his part well, he is every bit the lovable hero.Alright, time to go get started on four more amazing books about Peter Johnson (oh wait...I mean Percy Jackson ;).